A brand new billboard at O’Hare airport. Photograph: Courtesy of Intersect Illinois
Greater than 50,000 out-of-town enterprise vacationers are anticipated to move by O’Hare within the coming months as Chicago’s conference season will get underway. And Illinois needs their consideration.
What’s taking place: Intersect Illinois has launched a pair of billboards on the airport to pique vacationers’ curiosity within the state’s enterprise local weather.
- The billboards, situated behind charging stations in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3, promote Illinois’ success in EV manufacturing and the state’s meals innovation trade.
Context: Intersect Illinois was created in 2016 beneath then-Gov. Bruce Rauner to advertise the state’s financial growth by public/personal partnerships.
- Their marketing campaign “Be in Illinois” was developed to focus on exterior companies seeking to relocate within the Land of Lincoln.
Why it issues: Illinois has misplaced some high-profile firms lately, together with headquarters for Caterpillar, Boeing and Tyson Meals.
Zoom in: Illinois is focusing on six industries for company relocations, which incorporates transportation, life sciences and agribusiness.
- The state has had success in recruiting and growing electrical car manufacturing.
- Worldwide and nationwide EV companies have relocated to Libertyville, Joliet and Regular.
By the numbers: Illinois was simply named the second-best state for company enlargement within the U.S. by Website Choice Journal.
- Chicago has held the highest spot amongst large cities for the previous decade.
- Illinois has the nation’s fifth-largest financial system.
Sure, however: Illinois is not the one state vying for companies. Kentucky and Indiana are among the many states making an attempt to poach firms throughout state strains.
What they’re saying: “The objective is to lift consciousness of Illinois’ property for enterprise,” Intersect Illinois CEO Dan Seals tells Axios.
- “We’re doing this by leveraging a type of distinctive property: O’Hare airport.”
What’s subsequent: Seals says the subsequent spherical of billboards will concentrate on expertise and life sciences.